Friday, June 26, 2009

My quick trip home

this last weekend I made a quick trip to Utah to see my family and had so much fun. I hadn't been home in almost a year and a half so it was really good to see my family. The weekend was super busy but I was able to see a lot of people including my friend Tasha and her new baby Terran, My friends Holly and Becky who I love dearly, Matt's parents who were kind enough to let me borrow their car since I am not old enough to rent one on my own...lame! The main reason that I went down was to do a baby shower for my friend Carrie. I didn't get very many pictures but we had a lot of fun together. I love her dearly too!
The beautiful mother to be Carrie. Her baby girl Annabelle is due in September and I am so excited for her! congratulations Carrie :)


After the shower I headed down to Toquerville to see my family. While there we decided to head up to Zion. Since moving to Washington I have been craving red rocks so we had to go. We had such a great time. The weather was perfect and I was feeling energetic so we decided to hike Angels Landing which is a six mile hike that we did in two hours! We had tons of fun!
On the shuttle ride up the canyon.

Me and my little brother Josh. He is 13 and is so funny.

Me with my little sister Samantha and her husband Jordan

Me and my mom

Me and my little brother Eric...he is 16 and is getting so BIG!

Goofing off along the trail.



On top of Angels landing. This is by far my most favorite hike ever. Once you get to the top it is absolutely stunning. It is three miles up and totally worth it.




After hiking we decided to take a quick dip in the river...with our clothes on! I felt like such a kid again. It was freezing cold and it felt soooo good :)



I was able to stop by Cedar City to see my two sisters Noel and Crystal and their kids. It was so much fun to see them. My sister has a pool and the kids had fun playing. I love my nieces and nephews so much and it was so much fun to spend some time with them.

Jacob jumping over Cayden. I tried to get pictures of their faces but they thought it was hilarious to move right as I was taking the pictures. So, this is what you get.

Semeran and her frog...gross!

Ethan, Emery and Serena

Emery and Serena

The twins Aubrin and Emery...they look nothing alike.

Ethan and Aubrin

Me and Serena

If you can't tell from these pictures I love my family so much! It was so good to see them and I already miss them all!

1 comment:

Betsy Fox said...

I'm glad you had such a nice trip home. I'm sure they enjoyed your visit too. We are so lucky to have you in our family. Less than a month till we see you!!!!!
Are you loving the house? What a dumb question-- I'm sure you are.