Thursday, July 2, 2009

Two girls and a mountain

This is me and Genny.

Genny is a super athlete who played soccer at the University of Utah. Me...I am a super athlete at heart; I am just missing the talent portion of actually being a super athlete.
That's right we took the road less traveled by or the road that only crazy people take. I guess you could say we were feeling adventurous!



The view from the top. Isn't is stunning?!? I live here!! I still can't believe it!!






The pictures make it look like it was a cake walk but in reality we actually hiked over 9 miles. That's right 9 MILES! We really did have a lot of fun though. It was so beautiful and refreshing to be in the mountains. One of my favorite things about hiking in the Columbia Gorge is the way it smells. When the sun shines down on the trees it has the sweetest smell. It is like a wonderful aroma of fresh strawberries, bright flowers and sunshine. I don't really know how to explain it but it really is wonderful. It just makes a person happy :) Thanks Genny for braving the wild with me!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like you guys have been very busy and having a great time. We love to see what you are up to and as always miss you lots!!

Betsy Fox said...

Misty, you are such a sweetheart that I sometimes forget what an adventure girl you really are. That looks so fun. What are Matt's plans? Do we get to see him at all?

Melissa Scott said...

Misty... you cute thing! I check up on your blog just to see whats going on, but never leave a comment. I didn't know you were in town and wished I would have come up and seen you. Love the family pics at Zion and the river. Just wanted you to know we were thinking about you.. I don't have a blog yet, but you can always drop a line to melissaballard03@yahoo.com... -Matt and Melissa