Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beautiful British Columbia

This weekend we met up with Matt's family in Seattle for Fish and Chips and BYU football. It was so fun seeing Jared and Leslie and their little boys Vale and Noah as well as Matt's parents. They are all wonderful people and we love them tons!Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures...I don't know why? Anyway while we were there we watched BYU crush Oklahoma and it was AMAZING! Matt has been living on cloud nine ever since. Matt actually woke up on Saturday morning stating that "It's like Christmas morning! Only better!!!" Having the cougars win only made the kick off of college football all the better. Go Cougars!

After the football game on Saturday night Matt and I drove up to Vancouver British Columbia with our good friends Melvin and Karilyn. Vancouver BC is only about a 5 hour drive from our house and we had never been to Canada so we decided that now was the time. I was very suprised by how incredible the city was. I see why they call it "Beautiful" British Columbia. It really is beautiful. We had so much fun. Thanks Melvin and Karilyn for letting us crash your vacation.


The 2010 Winter Olympics are going to be held in Vancouver BC and I can totally see why. This city is awesome. I never realized how big of a city Vancouver is or how beautiful it is. So in support of the Olympics I purchased Canadian gum :)

A picture of where we stayed. It is the tallest building in the back. How fun!



The Ferry boat ride to Victoria. We were on the Ferry boat for an hour and a half and it was so gorgeous. We even saw some whales playing in the water! I felt so lucky!


While there we visited the beautiful Bushardt Gardens in Victoria and they really were beautiful! I have never seen such beautiful gardens. We were oohing and awwing the whole time! If you ever make it over to BC you HAVE to go to the gardens. They are awesome.











I wanted to get some sort of souvenir for our house while we were there but I really didn't see anything that tickled my fancy so I started playing around with my camera and found this really cool option that allowed me to pick up only the color of the flowers and I think it turned out really good. What do you think? I am going to pick a few and frame them for my hallway...(this is me trying to be domestic).










As you can see our trip was wonderful and we will definitely be going back for more BC fun.

3 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

Very cool pictures. We were thinking of Matt when we heard BYU won the game. We miss you!

Carrie said...

How fun! The flower pics are beautiful!

The Beesley Family said...

cool pictures! Im super jealous, I want to get up there so bad...too abd it's rainy now. Next year I guess ;) hey speaking of BYU- they have a BYU scentsy warmer now! I "smell" a christmas gift for Matt?? ha ha. Miss you misty ray!!