Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza!

This weekend we had some good friends over for dinner and pumpkin carving. It was a lot of fun. Pumpkin carving has come a long way since I was a kid. Now days you have all of these fancy tools and sketches to put on your pumpkin to create pumpkin materpieces! I carved a whicked looking spider into my pumpkin and I have got to tell you...I felt pretty cool.





Here we are showing off our finished products! We thought that it would be hilarious to put our little creepy gremlin in the back of our pictures...just to add a little spook to the occassion.


3 comments:

Abe Fox said...

Pumpkin Carving, honestly, is one of the BEST of all Holiday traditions.....and the kids love it too! Betsy, however, doesn't like to get her hands pumpkin-slimed.

We already have our good-sized pumpkins for each member of the family and we usually carve them about a week before Halloween. Thankfully, Clark is now quite skilled with a knife and I get some help in the carving department.

AWESOME Jack-O-Lanterns, guys!!

Unknown said...

So fun! Girl you have got some pumpkin carving talents!

Sarah said...

You guys are awesome!!!